Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back at Work

Well, this is my second day back at work and things are going ahead at full pace. I'm still a bit sleepy in the afternoons. The lab gave E and I tickets to the Isle of Wright Festival, a big camping rock festival in June which I am very excited about! Thank you guys!!!! My lab in Sydney sent across gift tickets to the Covent Garden Opera.... how awesome is that! And two of our best friends gave us a set of Riedel Whiskey Glasses.... needless to say that they shall be well loved and cherished! We are learning about single malts, and have been doing blind tasting of several whiskies at a time. So far we are not very good at it. E is also planning to start brewing ales with the beer brewing things I got him for Christmas. I'll let you know how it goes.

There has been a lot of talk and discussion between my friends about the recent riots in Denmark, and also about the jailing of the british right-wing historian in Austria. The world is a very strange place. However, my belief in Gnomes is not waivering.... and Sven, our wedding prsent house gnome from my mother is proving to be a top little guy.

Long live the gnome!

No comments: