Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sad news

Mum and dad called late last night to let me know a family friend had passed away.
http://notices.smh.com.au/death/14470/notice.aspx

So this is for you Judy.....

You are already missed.

A Song of Living - Amelia Burr

Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die
I have sent up my gladness on wings, to be lost in the blue of the sky
I have run and leaped with the rain, I have taken the wind to my breast
My cheek like a drowsy child to the face of the earth I have pressed.
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die.

I have kissed young love on the lips, I have heard his song to the end
I have struck my hand like a seal in the loyal hand of a friend
I have known the peace of heaven, the comfort of work done well
I have longed for death in the darkness and risen alive out of hell

Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die.

I give a share of my soul to the world, when and where my course is run
I know that another shall finish the task I surely must leave undone
I know that no flower, nor flint was in vain on the path I once did travel
But, I sipped nectar and wine when all of life’s mysteries did slowly unravel
Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die.

No comments: